DC Comics: The New 52!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Fastball Special"- by Jeff Bailey

Wonder Woman #2

Writer: Brian Azzarello

Artist: Cliff CHIANG



Up until last week, I’d never bought a WW book. Couldn’t have cared less about Diana. But a funny thing happened on the way to the DC relaunch… this has now been 2 issues of awesomeness. Zeus has been a bad boy by cheating on Hera and she wants his latest offspring not so much to be dead, just not alive anymore. Well, it’s up to WW to make sure that doesn’t happen. Azz’s dialogue is sharp and appropriate to each character. It’s also very sparse, which allows CHIANG’s art to tell an amazing visual story. Unbelievable panel work in this issue and I gotta say, Diana looks great. CHIANG draws her powerful and feminine. Plus, it’s great that she really looks Greek. Batman was cool but this is the Pick of the Week thanks to CHIANG!!!!!

Story- 5

Art- 5

“Tell me what’s not to be afraid of.”



*Shortstops*



Uncanny X-Men #544- 4/5- Satisfying yet somewhat confusing “end” to the series.



Wolverine #17- 5/5- Logan teams up with a talking gorilla. Sold!



Fables #110- 5/5- I want Fables to have my children.



Red Hood #2- 4/5- Am I supposed to like these people or not? What’s the deal with that?



Catwoman #2- 4/5- Brace yourself, there’s more sexy time in this. Shocking.



Green Lantern Corps #2- 4/5- High “loss of appendages” to pages rate.



Batgirl #2- 4/5- I would rather she had Dick..errr.. dated Richard. Nightwing. You know what I mean.



Nightwing #2- 4/5- It’s official… Every relaunch title character has to sex with someone at least once in the 1st 2 issues.



Justice League #2- 5/5- I don’t remember every early member of the JLA being such a jackass.



Batman #2- 5/5- Stupendous. Capullo is kiiiiillllliiiinnnngggg it!



That’s what I read this week, Plexers.

No comments:

Post a Comment